AANP State Awards for Excellence
Hi All, I hope you all are doing well and are healthy. Please help us to identify some strong NP leaders in our state. Think about people in your organizations, people that you work with, maybe a preceptor that works with your students and has been a great role model. Feel free to share this with local university or organization members.
Nominations are open until September 30, 2020, at 5 p.m. CT
The prestigious American Association of Nurse Practitioners® (AANP) State Award for Excellence, comprised of two separate awards, is granted annually to deserving nurse practitioners (NPs) and NP advocates.
The NP State Award for Excellence is given to an individual NP in each state who has demonstrated excellence in clinical practice.
The Advocate State Award for Excellence is given to an individual in each state who has made a significant contribution toward increasing awareness and recognition of NPs. Examples of past recipients have been physicians, legislators and educators. NPs are also eligible for the advocate award for non-clinical practice initiatives related to leadership, precepting, policy, politics, research, education or community affairs.
Only one award may be given per category in each state. Groups and organizations are not eligible to receive these awards. Current AANP state representatives, members of the AANP Board of Directors and AANP Awards Committee are not eligible for either state award category during their term of office.
The nominator must be a current individual AANP member to submit a candidate for a state award; however, the candidate does not have to be an AANP member.
Recipients receive the following from AANP:
- All recipients receive a waiver of their registration fee for the 2021 AANP National Conference.
- Current AANP member recipients receive a one-year extension on their membership, beginning at the current renewal date.
- Non-AANP members who are recipients of state awards are given a one-year complimentary membership.
- All recipients receive one room night at a conference hotel for the night of the Salute to the States award ceremony and reception.
- Recipients will be recognized during the 2021 AANP National Conference in June.
PLEASE consider nominating a deserving peer for these awards today at the link below